No one likes taking out the trash, but how about drawing a trash bin instead? That’s much more fun than taking out the trash. Today we’re going to doodle a trash bin. Strange right? But it’s one of those everyday things children see often. It’s important to practice the transfer of 3d everyday objects into 2d images. This is how you build a child’s ability to be diverse with their report tire for art and techniques. The best thing you can do when you want to learn how to draw is practice, practice, practice! Even the most mundane objects present a new way to learn. Without further ado, let’s start!
This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 8 (preschool and above.)
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and tons more how-to-draw tutorials!
✏️ TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
- How-To-Draw Template – International (A4) or U.S. Size (8.5×11 in)
- Sketching Pencil
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Marker
- Coloring Tools
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need for these how-to-draw tutorials are: eraser, pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Step-by-Step Guide: How To Draw a Trash Can
- On the bottom of your paper, draw a thin and short rectangular-shape, then on the top parallel to it, draw another slender but longer rectangular-shape.
- Connect these rectangular shapes with diagonal lines on their left and right side.
- Let’s complete the trash can’s details by drawing three vertical lines inside its body. Make sure that the distance between the lines is even. Then, at the top of the trash can’s lid, draw a small rectangular handle with two curved corners on its top.
- Trash cans are commonly gray colored, but you can hit it with any color you want, depending on how you like it!
Printing & Saving Info:
- The instant print button is in the upper left-hand corner. If you don’t see the instant print icon on mobile, toggle your mobile browser to “Desktop View” and you should be able to see it. Turning on “Desktop View” is on the upper right of your browser screen under “Settings.”
- To decrease load time we put large images on different sub-pages. Use the navigation on the top and bottom of the galleries to toggle.
- Fits both A4 sizes and fits US standard letter sizes but preview your specs just in case.
- Want to save a file for later? Just hit the print button and choose instead of printing, select Save As “PDF” in the drop-down selection, and done! (Your screen and selection might look a little different.)
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Popular Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw Abe Lincoln
- How to Draw Baby Shark
- How To Draw Among Us Character
- How To Draw Dinosaurs (Different Kinds)
- How to Draw a Dolphin
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.