The most beautiful flower is a Lily. Nooo, that’s not a bias statement…I mean just because my name is Lily…*whistles*
This perennial flowering plant belongs to the hundreds of varieties that are found mostly in Europe, Asia, and North America. In North America, a lily is also often used as bouquets for gifts or as part of a wedding celebration. Lilies can live for 2 years in the wild and bloom in the spring and summer while going dormant in winter. Want to learn how to draw this beautiful, feminine flower? Let’s go!
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Step-by-Step Guide on How To Draw a Lily
- Draw four slightly curved short and thin oval-shaped anthers with short curved lines on each tip. Note: Make sure the anthers are facing left and perpendicular to each other.
- Beneath the anthers, draw a willow-shaped petal with a long vertical vein in the middle. The end of the flower should be curvy but not sharp.
- Repeat step two for five times to fill in the area around the anther with petals. The petals should face different directions to make them more “flowery,” and you can also curve each according to your liking.
- Finally, beneath the petals, draw a slightly curved long, thin, and narrow stem.
- Since we’re drawing a Lily Flower, let’s have pink petals with yellow anthers and a green stem. A flower just for you!
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Lily Flower Facts for Kids
- Lilies are a symbol of being lucky in Japan.
- Lily flowers are toxic to cats. It has specific compounds that cause renal failure in cats with even a small amount of pollen.
- Lily flowers are not poisonous to humans.
- White symbolizes purity and tiger lily flowers mean wealth and power.
- Only two Lily flower types have scents: white lilies and tiger lilies.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Popular Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw Abe Lincoln
- How to Draw Baby Shark
- How To Draw Among Us Character
- How To Draw Dinosaurs (Different Kinds)
- How to Draw a Dolphin
- How To Draw a Cute Little Dragon
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.