Hamilton was the head of the first U.S. treasury and despite coming from poverty and orphaned at a young age, he became one of the core founding fathers of America starting at a young age. Many politicians have mixed legacies and Hamilton was one of those politicians. He was a nationalist (meaning desire for strong central control, aka Washington government.) When he became the head of treasury, he knew he needed to unite the nation’s debt and create a central currency. It was monumentally important; can you imagine the first 13 states of the United States with their own currency? Thanks to his life work, he is now the face of the twenty-dollar bill.
Want to learn how to draw more American founding fathers? You’re in luck!
This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 8 (preschool and above.)
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and tons more how-to-draw tutorials!
✏️ TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
- How-To-Draw Template – International (A4) or U.S. Size (8.5×11 in)
- Sketching Pencil
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Marker
- Coloring Tools
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need for these how-to-draw tutorials are: eraser, pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Step By Step Drawing Guide: Alexander Hamilton
Alex Hamilton Trivia for Kids
- Hamilton was the general of the U.S. army twice.
- Hamilton was born on the West Indian Island of Nevis; not in the United States. In fact, no one really knows his exact birthday.
- Hamilton was close to George Washington. He became Washington’s aide-de-camp (with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel) and became later became Washington’s right-hand man as Secretary of Treasury.
- He (and two other men) started the popular “The Federalist Papers” that promoted a central currency and more united government.
- Hamilton also created the First Bank of the United States at his peak influence.
- During a duel, he was shot by Aaron Burr. This duel ended Hamilton’s life and also in a sense Burr’s life and political career.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.