Ktebo 2 Pack LCD Writing Tablet for Kids 10 inch, Learning Educational Toddler Drawing Board Toys fo...$9.99 (as of March 27, 2023 06:32 GMT -07:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Who doesn’t want a beautiful pair of wings? Too bad science hasn’t advanced far enough to invent flying wings for people. But whenever I look at my sleeping daughter – I am convinced that we have already invented angels and she is mine. She’s only missing a pair of wings. Would you like your little one to learn how to draw a pair of pretty blue wings? Well, you’ve stumbled upon the right place. A lot of tutorials out there make angel wings so complicated. We’re going to do an easy, cartoon pair of angel wings that anyone (from preschool to kindergarten and beyond) can follow along.
This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 8.
Do you want more free classic Bible story coloring pages? Check out these 40+ coloring pages about the classic tales from the Bible.
About Our How-To-Draws
We specialize in very simple and easy drawing tutorials that young children can start their artistic journeys on. The best tutorial age range for our how-to-draws is from age 3 to 8. We focus on simple lines, easy shapes, and building strong foundations first. Turning a 3D object into 2D line art is not always easy; it takes practice especially when you are working with young children.
I use these how-to-draw tutorials for my own daughter every day. We start with one how-to-draw then I challenge her to create a variation so we can exercise her creativity. This is how she improves her pencil grip, hand-to-eye coordination, shape stacking, strokes, precision, and so so much more. Also, I would add practicing to read by following those step-by-step directions is helpful too…but she’s too young to read just yet! 🙂
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Draw Cartoon Angel Wings for Preschoolers
- Angels’ wings sometimes look like broken hearts in a horizontal position when they are about to fly. Let’s imagine an angel who’s about to fly, and draw a broken heart on the left side with five small “u” curves at the bottom.
- Inside the wings, draw two series of curve lines parallel to each other, making it more feathery-like. Don’t worry about a feather’s detail. From afar, angel wing feathers simply look like soft fluffy waves.
- Now we’re halfway through and you can already see how close you are to an angel’s wings, but all angels have a pair of them. All you need to do is, repeat the first two steps but place the horizontal broken heart on the opposite side parallel to the other wing.
- Wow! You already have a pair of wings! Since angels have nimbus halo, let’s draw one for you too. Draw a circular nimbus at the center-top of the wings.
- Your wings are beautiful! For the finishing touch, let’s color it blue or white…it’s up to you!
- We added a simple nimbus halo but you can draw an actual halo, just repeat step 4 again. Draw two flattened oval circles embedded with each other and you’ll have a halo ring. They are often a glowing bright yellow.
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
- The Instant print button is on the upper left-hand corner. If you don’t see the instant print icon on mobile, toggle your mobile browser to “Desktop Site” and you should be able to see it. Desktop view is on the upper right of your browser screen setting.
- Please adjust your printer settings with previews so you get the best quality print.
- If you’re in North America and print using the U.S. standard letter size (8.5in x 11in), you should be able to print just fine. If you are International with A4 paper, these will print just fine too albeit you will get a little bit of extra white space around the edge. It’s usually not noticeable.
Trivia for Kids About Angel Wings
- Some people believe fairies are “partial” fallen angels who were not bad enough to go to Hell.
- Angels are mentioned everywhere in the bible, over 300 times in passages all over the place!
- No one knows what angels look like, not even experts! They can be described as holy or even like a normal person. “When they do appear, they can have a golden sash with white robes (Rev 18:1; John 20:12; Rev. 15:6). Other times they can look like regular people. The Bible calls these “angels in disguise.” (Heb. 13:2).
- Angels have a lot of power: they can rescue people and also destroy people.
- The only angel to be called “Archangel” from the New Testament is Michael.
- Angels are angels and always have been; it is just a popular (but untrue saying) when people say ‘Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.’
- Guardian angels protect people from demons, harm, and never leaves their person. These angels have protected you from birth and keep you safe.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Popular Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw Abe Lincoln
- How to Draw Baby Shark
- How To Draw Among Us Character
- How To Draw Dinosaurs (Different Kinds)
- How to Draw a Dolphin
- How To Draw a Cute Little Dragon
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.