The building construction map of life is our DNA. We all have DNA and it makes us, each and every one, unique from one another. So let’s draw DNA today!
This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 8 (preschool and above.)
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Learn To Draw DNA for Science Class (Simple Easy Cartoon Doodle)
Interesting Facts About DNA
- You share 98.7% of the DNA with chimpanzees and bonobos as a whole.
- Human beings share 60% of fruit flies’ genes, and 2/3 of those genes are considered to be implicated in cancer.
- Each human being shares 99.9% of its DNA with every other human being
- It will take roughly 50 years to type the human genome if you could type 60 words a minute, eight hours a day.
- A tiny creature is known as the star ascidian, or golden star tunicate is the nearest invertebrate genetic relative to humans.
- You also share with a mouse with 85 percent of your DNA, a fruitfly with 40 percent, and a banana with 41 percent.
- One single DNA strand is thousands of times thinner than a single human hair strand.
- DNA is formed like a winding ladder, with the side rails forming sugars and phosphates and separate chemical bases forming pairs of rungs.
- In a DNA chain, the basic sequence of chemicals tells the organism what shape it can take because each type of organism has its special chemical pattern in its DNA.
- In 1869, Friedrich Miescher found DNA, but scientists didn’t realize until 1943 that DNA was the genetic material in cells.
- An amoeba has 200 times more DNA than a human being because it is a much simpler organism.
- The DNA of human beings is thought to have progressed much more than any other creature because of its scale and sophistication.
- Mitochondrial DNA may be so similar to two entirely unrelated entities that geneticists tend not to use it for identification.
- There are two forms of DNA in the human body: nuclear DNA emerges from both the father and the mother, while mitochondrial DNA is inherited only from the mother.
- An identical twin that has a violent co-twin is more than 1.5 times more likely to commit a crime than a fraternal twin with a criminal sibling.
- DNA data has been used to classify stolen children, such as when Gloria William stole a baby just a few hours after her birth and kept her as her own for almost 10 years.
- Certain extinct animals will never be cloned back to life, even though their DNA samples can be retrieved from fossils.
- About 70% of people of European origins will roll their tongues, which is presumably the result of having the same gene in their DNA.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Popular Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw Abe Lincoln
- How to Draw Baby Shark
- How To Draw Among Us Character
- How To Draw Dinosaurs (Different Kinds)
- How to Draw a Dolphin
- How To Draw a Cute Little Dragon
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.