Made By Me Create Your Own Window Art, Paint Your Own DIY Suncatchers, Fun Staycation Activity or Bi...$12.99 (as of March 24, 2023 06:19 GMT -07:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Birthday cake? Wedding cake? Oh yes, cake, the only reason why this mommy looks forward to turning one year older every year (kidding!) Who wouldn’t want to take the cake? (There’s a reason that’s a saying!) From Tres Leche to Tiramisu, there are countless kinds of cake-inspired desserts from all over the world. We will start with an easy cake drawing, so anyone can learn how to draw a cake slice perfectly. The fun part is choosing your flavor, frosting, and toppings! Ready?
By the way, are you looking for some food coloring pages? Check our free coloring page directory. Feel free to check in as we add more and more coloring pages for kids. Bookmark us or better yet, sign up for our free mailing list for updates.
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Draw a Cake for Beginners
Cakes come in a lot of shapes and slices. There are square cakes, rectangle cakes, round cakes, even inside-out cakes. I chose to draw my favorite cake flavor: a vanilla cherry cake with a chocolate filling topped with vanilla buttercream icing. You can decide whichever flavor you want when you’re ready to color. Do have some cake handy ready after, because you just might crave a cake after you’re done like I am right now.
Learn How to Draw a Slice of Cake
- Cake slices are usually triangular with different toppings. We’re putting cherry as our toppings today. You can skip this until later or change the topping but for me, I started drawing a small circle first so I can mark where the rest of my cake slice will be. There’s a how to draw cherries tutorial too after this one.
- Then put it on top of a big, long triangle with a slightly curved line on its shortest side.
- A slice of cake is not just a simple triangle. In fact, it is a triangular prism. So, at the two corners of the triangle, draw two vertical lines parallel to the other.
- Then, connect them with a slightly-slanted line parallel to the longer side of the triangle.
- Cakes look more delicious with fillings inside. The thicker the cake, the more numerous the layer should be to break up the cake. And that’s what we’re doing! Inside the cake’s slice, draw two horizontal curve lines closely parallel to each other to serve as the filling.
- Do you have more than 1 layer of cake? Do you want multiple smaller layers? Feel free to repeat step 5 again if you want a triple-layer cake.
- Now that your cake is almost made and ready for serving, we need a circular plate. Beneath the cake, draw a circular plate that just perfectly fits the size of your cake.
- If you like cherry and vanilla-flavored cake like me, you can color it bright pink for a pop of color. I hope you have a real cake ready because we are now done! The flavor and the icing will depend on you. Have you decided what kind of cake you want now?
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Printing & Saving Instructions:
- Desktop & laptop users: the instant print button is in the upper left-hand corner.
- Mobile users: if you don’t see the instant print icon on mobile for whatever reason, toggle your mobile browser to “Desktop View” and you should be able to see it. You can find that in your web browser’s menu. Or find the nearest computer to print.
- Change the page orientation from horizontal or vertical depending on what fits best.
- To decrease load time we put images on different sub-pages. Use the navigation on the top and bottom of the galleries to toggle.
- Designed to fit both A4 size & U.S. standard letter size but preview your specs just in case.
- Want to save a file for later? Just hit the instant print button and choose instead to print, select Save As “PDF” in the drop-down selection, and done! (Your screen and selection might look a little different.)
How To Draw Cherries
Delicious Cake Trivia Facts for Kids
- Cortadillo Mexicano – Cortadillo means a type of sweet bread (pan dulce) from Mexico that looks and tastes like a super tasty pink color cake often eaten at breakfast.
- The most popular cake flavors are chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet. The least flavor cake flavor…probably fruit cake. Nobody eats Auntie’s Christmas fruit cake!
- The National Cake day is celebrated on 26th November.
- One of the fascinating things about Red Velvet is that the recipe was made available to the world as an act of revenge. In the bakery, a lady ate a Red Velvet cake and was very fond of it. She asked for the formula at the restaurant and they paid $100 for the same one. She got mad and widely distributed the recipe as revenge.
- The first cake was: a relatively small flattened form of bread, circular, oval, or otherwise frequently made, and generally baked hard by turning during the process on both sides.
- The largest wedding cake in the world weighed 15,032 lb. and was made in February 2004 by chefs at the Mohegan Sun Hotel and Casino, Uncasville, CT.
- The tallest cake in the world was 7.8 m tall, and it took more than 24 hours for 20 chefs to make the giant cake at a mall in Luoyang.
- The world’s most costly birthday cake was loaded with diamonds and hand-sculpted fondant with a $75 million price tag.
- The first birthday cake was initially a cake offered on a person’s birthday as an offering. The first ‘birthday cake’ reference came in 1785.
- The giant tower glided over the watching audience at 12.69 m (41 ft. 8 in) in Chennai, India, the world record for the largest cupcakes tower comprising of a whopping 18,818 cupcakes.
- The cupcake eating world record is 72 in six minutes and was set by Patrick Bertoletti in 2012.
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Popular Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw Abe Lincoln
- How to Draw Baby Shark
- How To Draw Among Us Character
- How To Draw Dinosaurs (Different Kinds)
- How to Draw a Dolphin
- How To Draw a Cute Little Dragon