Regal Games Sidewalk Glitter Egg Chalk, 6 Count Chalk, Non-Toxic, Washable, Art Set$9.99 (as of March 27, 2023 06:32 GMT -07:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Seashells are one of the most beautiful gifts from mother nature’s bounty. Speaking of mothers, my mother-in-law is a sweet old lady, I remember she had a necklace made of colorful seashells and that’s what we’re going to draw today! Did you know seashell art is one of the oldest art forms in the world!
Seashells display a huge array of colors, shapes, and pretty patterns. No one knows why or how these mollusks are made out to be so pretty or what gives them all their colors…but it’s suspected to be some type of survival, evolutionary reason.
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Learning To Draw Various Shaped Seashells
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Seashells Fun Facts for Kids
- There are 200,000 types of seashells in the world, it’s not an easy way to identify the mollusks. The biggest, most common types we drew for this tutorial: conch shell, scallop shell, and lightning whelk shells.
- Shells of different shapes but different environments and uses for their shape: round and smooth means easily for animals to bury into the sand and they depend on stealth and sleekness to hide from predators. Rough and spikey shapes belong in tropical places where the ridges hold them in place, the rough outer shell protects them from predators.
- Clams are a popular food in the animal world, fish, starfish, birds, and humans love eating them.
- Some species of seashell mollusks are long with a very sharp tip, some even have poisonous tips to protect themselves from predators.
- Before money was invented, seashells were used as currency. The cowry shells, for example, were lucrative as a form of money.
- People in Japan and the Caribbean use seashells as musical instruments.
- Shell Beach in Western Australia is one of the only two beaches in the world that are made up of entirely ALL seashells.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS:
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.