Although this drink is as bad for your teeth as it is for your health, it’s still popular and has been popular since the early 1900s. A can of soda contains more sugar than cotton candy! But it’s no health hazard in learning how to draw a simple aluminum can of soda…and no it doesn’t have to be soda! Drinking a can of soda every day can make you at least 25 lbs heavier at the end of just 1 year! Good thing we’re just drawing a can today!
This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 8 (preschool and above.)
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Learning To Draw a Soda Can – Pop Art For Kids Step by Step
Fun Facts for Kids About Cans
- Aluminum can be recycled over and over. Cans, aluminum foil, silver trays, automotive parts – anything made out of aluminum. It can be melted down and recreated.
- Recycling a simple basic can (like soda) can save enough power to run a TV for 3 hours.
- You can make money recycling cans (here’s a full guide on how.)
- You can turn trash into cash if you know how to do it. Making money with scrap metal like printers and old fridge parts is also possible if you’re going to the junkyard, full guide on scrap metal recycling here.
- Every single minute that passes, about an average of 110,000 aluminum cans are being recycled.
- You should always recycle aluminum cans. If a can ends up in the landfill instead of being recycled, it stays in the landfill useless for 500 years before oxidizing.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Popular Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw Abe Lincoln
- How to Draw Baby Shark
- How To Draw Among Us Character
- How To Draw Dinosaurs (Different Kinds)
- How to Draw a Dolphin
- How To Draw a Cute Little Dragon
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.