Mirror, mirror, on the wall who is the fairest of them all? Let’s draw this everyday item that we all have in our bathrooms and bedrooms!
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Easy Simple Doodle Guide: Cartoon Mirror
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Fun Facts About Mirrors
- In ancient times, the first types of mirrors emerged as they used a tub of dark water or a dark jar filled with water. Around 6000 BC, people began making non-water mirrors.
- In the Second World War, mirrors were used until the invention of radar to track sounds emanating from hostile aircraft.
- Mirrors are not recent science and were first invented in Germany more than 200 years ago.
- The chemist Justus Von Liebig invented the mirror in 1835, and he found that the reflecting surface, the mirror, can be created if you add a thin layer of metallic silver to transparent glass.
- If you were to crack a mirror, the Romans assume that you would damage both your soul and life, which are replaced every seven years. Seven years of ill luck, in particular.
- A flat piece of metal or the surface of the water may also behave like a mirror.
- Salar de Uyuni (salt flat covering a large lake size brine) is the Largest Natural Mirror in the World and can be seen from space!
- For many days after the death of a close family member, Jewish people covered every mirror in the home.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS:
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.