Crayola Sidwalk Chalk 64ct$9.89 (as of March 27, 2023 06:32 GMT -07:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
What’s more beautiful than a sweet, pink cherry blossom flower? They signify purity and beauty with their beautiful pink hue. It’s Japan’s national flower. You know it’s my dream to grow a cherry blossom tree in my backyard (they grow well in our area.) Unfortunately, we don’t have enough backyard space in our condo home to grow a cherry blossom right now until we can move… so I decided since well, why not draw one to tie me over.
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Step By Step: Learn To Draw a Sakura
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Cherry Blossom Trivia For Kids
- Although it’s Japan’s national flower, the Koreans believe the cherry blossom originated from Jejudo Island. Although these claims are disputed between Japanese and Koreans to this day.
- In 1912, Japan gave 3,000 cherry blossom trees to the United States as a gift. It’s why we have a cherry blossom festival in Washington DC every year around spring.
- At the end of March and throughout early April, you will be able to see the cherry blossoms at peak bloom in Japan.
- Sakuras comes in bright white, light pink, and bright pink. There are actually more than 3 colors but they may not be visible to the untrained eye.
- Tokyo’s Meguro River is a popular place to see cherry blossoms in peak bloom in Spring.
- While cherry blossoms can be found all over the world, the majority of species can be found in Eastern Asia.
MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw a Mouse
- How To Draw Beautiful Sea Coral Reefs
- How To Draw Japanese Cartoon “Anime” Eyes
- Learn To Draw American President Abe Lincoln
- How To Draw a Winter Snowman