ORSEN 2 Pack LCD Writing Tablet for Kids, Colorful Doodle Board Drawing Pad for Kids, Learning Educa...$14.98 (as of March 24, 2023 06:19 GMT -07:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Scientific name: Canis lupus! Puppy dogs and a fireworks factory would be the best field trip ever indeed. Floppy eared and clumsy as they come, puppies (and kitties) are the definition of “Cute.” But like your parents said, having a puppy dog is a lot of work. They need to be walked, potty trained, played with, fed, and bathed every day – for puppies – the work is 5x of a dog! When we adopted our 5-month-old puppy, we couldn’t leave the house for a week. She would poop everywhere but outside! We still love her now, she’s all grown up now. In honor of our former poopy puppy, here’s a super easy simple puppy drawing tutorial for you!
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Draw a Puppy
- On the right side of your paper, draw a small oval with a tiny inverted triangular nose and a short, curvy mouth inside it.
- Then, on top of it, draw diagonal semi-circular ears on each side, making the oval the center.
- Let’s draw the puppy’s face by connecting the ears with a curve line and enclosing the mouth and nose to form a bigger oval face.
- Next, let’s give this puppy two small rounded eyes on top of its face.
- On the left side of its face, connect a horizontal line curving downwards to the left, forming two short legs and curved feet.
- Then, continue drawing the line until you reach the neck to create the body.
- Add two more curved feet behind the two other feet to complete the set of feet, draw a short leg for the right foot behind.
- Don’t forget to draw a tail pointing upwards and a curve line on top of the body to indicate a brown patch o’ fur.
- Highlight the cuteness of your dog by coloring it with various shades of brown!
- You can use dark brown on the ears and the patch, a lighter shade on the nose and two feet behind, and a light tan shade on the whole body and face. Fill the puppy’s eyes in with any color you want (optional).
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Puppy Facts for Kids
- Puppies, at birth, are functionally blind and deaf. Their eyes and ear canals are tightly closed on day one.
- The 28 baby teeth of a puppy will start to come in at 2 to 4 weeks of age.
- A 2-year-old chocolate lab in Lancashire, UK, gave birth to a litter containing a mossy green pup in January.
- Puppies need a lot of sleep – up to 15 to 20 hours of a day!
- The largest litter on record was born in 2004 in Cambridgeshire, UK, to a Neapolitan mastiff who gave birth by Caesarian section to a batch of 24 puppies.
- Dogs have 18 muscles controlling ears movements. Humans have only 6
- Unlike humans, dogs only sweat through the pads of their feet. That’s why a dog’s paws always smell like stale corn chips.
- A litter of puppies may look all look alike but they are not identical. Differences will appear as they get older, and that’s not including the personalities that will show soon too!
- Puppies have learned that lifting their eyebrows makes them attractive for human attention, which makes their eyes look wider and sadder.
- For 25 straight years, the Labrador Retriever has been on the AKC’s top 10 most common breeds list, more than any other breed.
- 45% of dogs in the United States sleep in the bed of their owner.
- When dogs kick backward after they go to the toilet, but to mark their territory, using the scented glands in their paws to spread their scent far and wide.
- The Australian Shepherd, which is an American breed, is not originally from Australia. It was developed in the 19th century for herders in America!
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS:
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.