Color Wonder Magic Light Brush(as of May 28, 2023 20:03 GMT -07:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Have you seen our sweet blue Whale doodle? Here’s another popular mammal (no, not a fish!) that is famous for having big smarts and big, playful personalities…the Dolphin! Dolphins are very popular with kids just like sharks. But some kids have a hard time drawing sharks and dolphins for the same reason – marine life has a very unique irregularity in shape and drawing them takes practice. How can you draw with enough diversity and accuracy to differentiate between sharks and dolphins? This how-to-draw tutorial will teach you how in 8 simple steps!
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Learn To Draw a Cute Dolphin: Easy Guide!
Step-by-Step Guide: Dolphin
- Draw two diagonal lines parallel to each other, going downwards in opposite directions.
- Next, draw another pair of diagonal lines right above the first pair, but this time enclose the diagonal lines on the left with a short curved line, forming the dolphin’s mouth and upper body.
- Then, connect the remaining gaps with a triangular fin on top, two adjacent fin-shaped tails on the right side, and an overlapping triangular fin below the body.
- After that, let’s draw a tiny rounded eye above the dolphin’s mouth and two tiny long curve lines on each side of the lower body, highlighting the stomach.
- Finally, we can color it blue, and the stomach outlines white!
Fun Facts About Dolphins
- Most dolphin species have a long lifespan, according to science, some may live for more than 100 years naturally.
- Dolphins are able to cooperate and solve new problems in order to get food, they were able to test this inside aquarium with trainers. They are very social and smart.
- Dolphins are called aquatic mammals, they breathe air through their blowholes. They come up to the surface and use their lungs.
- Dolphins are mammals because they produce milk for their offspring.
- Dolphins are warm-blooded, their body temperature is maintained and controlled within.
- Dolphin needs to drink freshwater but they’re surrounded by saltwater…so they get their fresh water from fish.
- A group of dolphins is called a “Pod.”
- Dolphins are declining because of habitat being destroyed, global warming, and overfishing.
- Dolphins gulp down their food instead of chewing them because fish might get away if they chew.
- Hippos are a relative of the dolphin!
- Dolphins have to think about breathing, they spend most of their lives holding their breaths underwater. When they sleep, they sleep with their blowholes out or near the surface of the water.
- Dolphins do dream but we don’t know what dolphins dream about.
- The Greeks loved dolphins because dolphins loved music.
- Dolphins flip out of the water for 3 reasons: boredom/for fun, to clean parasites, or just to check out the view of things.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS:
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.