Have you seen our sweet blue Whale doodle? Here’s another popular mammal (no, not a fish!) that is famous for having big smarts and big, playful personalities…the Dolphin! Dolphins are very popular with kids just like sharks. But some kids have a hard time drawing sharks and dolphins for the same reason – marine life has a very unique irregularity in shape and drawing them takes practice. How can you draw with enough diversity and accuracy to differentiate between sharks and dolphins? This how-to-draw tutorial will teach you how in 8 simple steps!
This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 8 (preschool and above.)
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and tons more how-to-draw tutorials!
✏️ TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
- How-To-Draw Template – International (A4) or U.S. Size (8.5×11 in)
- Sketching Pencil
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Marker
- Coloring Tools
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need for these how-to-draw tutorials are: eraser, pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Learn To Draw a Cute Dolphin: Easy Guide!
Fun Facts About Dolphins
- Most dolphin species have a long lifespan, according to science, some may live for more than 100 years naturally.
- Dolphins are able to cooperate and solve new problems in order to get food, they were able to test this inside aquarium with trainers. They are very social and smart.
- Dolphins are called aquatic mammals, they breathe air through their blowholes. They come up to the surface and use their lungs.
- Dolphins are mammals because they produce milk for their offspring.
- Dolphins are warm-blooded, their body temperature is maintained and controlled within.
- Dolphin needs to drink freshwater but they’re surrounded by saltwater…so they get their fresh water from fish.
- A group of dolphins is called a “Pod.”
- Dolphins are declining because of habitat being destroyed, global warming, and overfishing.
- Dolphins gulp down their food instead of chewing them because fish might get away if they chew.
- Hippos are a relative of the dolphin!
- Dolphins have to think about breathing, they spend most of their lives holding their breaths underwater. When they sleep, they sleep with their blowholes out or near the surface of the water.
- Dolphins do dream but we don’t know what dolphins dream about.
- The Greeks loved dolphins because dolphins loved music.
- Dolphins flip out of the water for 3 reasons: boredom/for fun, to clean parasites, or just to check out the view of things.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.