You can’t mention majestic big cats without mentioning the PUMA! Or the mountain lion…cougar…catamount…they’re the same thing. Yes really! Pumas are the world Guinness titleholder with the animal with the most count of names! The puma actually has got over 40 names in English alone! Good thing drawing a puma isn’t anywhere nearly as complicated as 40 names. We show you how to draw one step by step in this kid-friendly simple tutorial. Let’s get started on drawing this big, black, bad boy!
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Step By Step Drawing a Puma/Mountain Lion/Cougar
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Big Cat Fun Facts For Kids
- Pumas are built for long-distance running and can run 50 mph over short distances.
- Pumas have sharp retractable claws like all cats.
- The front paws of pumas are very big compare to the hind paws. It’s useful for capturing prey.
- Pumas are the world’s 4th biggest cat: only the tiger, lion, and jaguar are larger.
- Pumas eat deers, and sometimes smaller animals like raccoons, seals, birds, even insects.
- Pumas are endangered due to hunting, habitat loss, and habitat fragmentation.
MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw a Mouse
- How To Draw Beautiful Sea Coral Reefs
- How To Draw Japanese Cartoon “Anime” Eyes
- Learn To Draw American President Abe Lincoln
- How To Draw a Winter Snowman
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.