You know a Corvette may not have the same brand recognition as a Lamborghini but they beat Lambos in American seniority. The humble Corvettes are the longest-produced sports car ever. Since their first release in 1953, they’ve been made only on American soil (Flint, Bowling Green, and St. Louis.). Let’s draw this true American classic car!
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Drawing a Corvette Step By Step for Kids
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Facts About Corvettes & Cars for Kids
- The original Corvette logo had a checkered racing flag crossed with the flag of the United States.
- The first Corvette retailed for $3,513. That’s only $31,608 when adjusted for inflation.
- In 2012, Corvettes made up almost 1/3 of sports car sales in the United States.
- Corvettes have won car of the year several times but the biggest prize from the Society of Automotive Engineers (organization) decided to grant the 1999 Corvette Convertible the title of Best Engineered Car of the 20th Century.
- 48% of all Corvette drivers have some type of college degree, interesting right? It means Corvette drivers just might be a bit smarter than average auto buyers.
- The United States has more than 300 million vehicles than any other country in the world. China is coming in a distant second, at 78 million.
- The earliest cars had no steering wheel. People were able to steer them with a lever.
- There are around 30,000 pieces of parts in a single vehicle; around 80 percent of an average vehicle is recyclable.
- The Honda Accord is the most stolen vehicle in the United States.
MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS…
- How To Draw Minecraft Characters
- How To Draw a Mouse
- How To Draw Beautiful Sea Coral Reefs
- How To Draw Japanese Cartoon “Anime” Eyes
- Learn To Draw American President Abe Lincoln
- How To Draw a Winter Snowman
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.