Ben Franklin was one of the founding fathers of America and a true renaissance man with a resume of titles a mile long. He is considered by historians as a very proficient diplomat, writer, philosopher, politician, inventor, activities, and scientist. He was the first post-master general of the United States. Franklin and Hamilton are the only non-presidents on our currency. He had incredible influence over the birth of our nation which is why many joke that Ben Franklin is “The only President of the United States who was never President of the United States.”
You can find more how-to-draw tutorials of the founding fathers.
And why not check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids! We update our resources library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and creating more how-to-draw stuff art tutorials!
Note: This tutorial and our many others are suitable for ages 3 to 10 (preschool and above.)
🖍️ Tools For Success
- Paper (Our Free How To Draw Template PDF)
- Polymer Eraser
- Outline Markers
- Coloring Tools (I recommend Crayola’s 140 Piece Coloring Case)
🎨 Parents: The only tools you need to use these how-to-draw tutorials are: an eraser, a pencil, and a piece of paper. But – if you have them around – a sketching pencil makes for fainter and softer lines that help kids build fine motor accuracy. I also recommend going over the sketch pencil with a black outline marker when you’re done for a neater finish. Lastly, erase the pencil marks before adding color.
Learning To Draw Ben Franklin (Easy & Simple!)
🔖 See our collection of How-To-Draw tutorial instructions for young kids! Check out our collection of free coloring pages for kids while you’re here too. We’re a group of independent illustrators that create coloring pages, how to draw tutorials, craft printables, and educational worksheets for kids. We update our resource library regularly so feel free to check back as we add more and more content. We’re currently at over 1000+ coloring pages and 500+ how-to-draw stuff guides for kids!
🖍️ Tools For Success
Ben Franklin Facts for Kids
- He is known as the first American because he was a hardworking person with strong independent thought.
- Franklin was born in Boston, Mass with 17 siblings! His first job was as a printing apprentice. Books were expensive at the time so Ben Franklin started the few libraries in America.
- Ben Franklin was a moral man that constantly trying to be better and better of a person each day.
- Franklin helped start the first American universities, fire department, post office, and library.
- When war broke out between England and the United States, Ben Franklin went to France and asked for help with the war with England. The French loved Franklin, they thought he was brilliant.
- Ben Franklin was all about temperance which means he understood to do things in moderation. He also found justice, cleanliness, order, and frugality important in life.
- He kept a moral journal every day to jot down the self-improvements he can do on himself every day.
🖍️ MORE HOW TO DRAW TUTORIALS:
- How To Draw Beautiful Coral Reefs
- How To Draw a Piano
- How to Draw a Christmas Holiday Elf
- How To Draw a Viking
- How to Draw a Hummingbird
- How to Draw a Drum Set
- How to Draw a Police Officer
- How to Draw Lace
- How to Draw a Guitar
- How to Draw a Husky Dog
- How to Draw Sushi & Nigiri
- How to Draw a Dragon
- How to Draw Dr. Seuss Grinch
Help Support Artists Big and Small
We would much appreciate it if everyone who enjoyed or benefited from our how-to-draw tutorial series can give us a social media shout-out or a link back. This will allow us to create more content by 1) commissioning small, independent artists and 2) teach young children everywhere to create more through art. Thank you.